11 May |
Posted by Dianac109 |
no comments |
This is a base ingredients list, feel free to substitute any ingredients to your dogs dietary needs. I experiment regularly with different ingredients which Willie would enjoy and are safe for him to eat, this one is just one of his favourite’s probably because it has CHEESE!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (brown rice flour)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheets.
- Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough has formed.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in additional flour as necessary until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2″ thickness. Cut with cookie cutter (I prefer bone shaped), and place 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool before serving. Store in a loosely covered container.